workmails.org

Jumat, 08 April 2011

Sebastian Vettel blog: 'There's no need to panic'

There might be a few unknowns with tyres and KERS for Seb, but Red Bull Racing’s reigning F1 champion is far from uncomfortable at sweltering Sepang


by Sebastian Vettel on Apr 8, 2011

I was 17th quickest in practice on Friday morning, which was not very encouraging, but setting the fourth-fastest time in the afternoon was way better!

Today we were using KERS which, if it works as we hope, will help us improve our lap times.

Tyres don’t last very long in Malaysia, but that’s not a big secret. You really notice the degradation here. When we start racing, we’ll find out how long they last, but at the moment we’re happy with both the hard and soft compounds of the new Pirellis.

Mark [Webber] and I have been using the same strategy today, but he was just faster than me – in both practice sessions. His pace in the last sector was outstanding.

And this is not tactics on my part, I always want to go as fast as I can and no shilly-shallying…

Besides, it’s not a good idea to get caught with your trousers down on a Friday! But I’m certain I’ll improve my times tomorrow, so there’s no need to panic.

Source: Red Bull