workmails.org

Rabu, 06 April 2011

The oval test spiked up Räikkönen's urges to compete


Kimi Räikkönen tamed quickly his new NASCAR-serie's worktool Toyota Tundra -truck car in his first test on Gresham Motosports Park's short oval track.

Räikkönen drove over 400 laps during two days on a half mile oval and got solid laptimes when compared to previous tests on the track.

The Finn worked with Kyle Busch Motorsports -team and Toyota's engineers. They had scheduled different setup- and tyre-tests in order to get Räikkönen familiarized with this completely different racing car that the European driver didn't know from before.

– It has been great. I came here and didn't have any expectations beforehand because I had nothing to compare it with. I seems like Kyle Busch Motorsports is a top team and it's exciting to work with them. I am waiting to get to race with this car, Räikkönen said in his press release this morning.

- On one hand I'm not amazed at all when knowing Kimi's wide exprecience and his championship-level. Yet on the other hand I'm very happily surprised over what I saw, Ren said.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA

Courtesy: Nicole